Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 1: Becoming the Best of the Best

Today marks the end of the first week at Tops In Blue 2011 Staging!  Woo hoo!!  We survived!! :)  It has been an exciting journey towards the biggest goal I've ever set for myself:  To be ready to tour the world as a professional entertainer and shoulder the responsibility of uplifting spirits, placing smiles on faces, and lightening the burden of those who serve or have served.  Our awesome coach, mentor and leader has been teaching us to think like the best of the best, to push past where we usually would quit.  Day by day we are slowly shaking off our old habits and becoming the new "us" that will be capable of doing all the United States Military asks of us.  In all my time working for some pretty exceptional organizations over the course of the last 11 years I have never experienced a more thrilling and well put together training program as the one here at Tops In Blue!!  My mind is just now starting to absorb the idea that I am now a professional in the music and entertainment business and I have to live my life accordingly.  No more fast food, instead it's veggies and a protein bar.  No more TV, instead it's studying music and learning dance choreography.  No more down time, instead it's working late hours and squeezing every last minute of productivity out of the day.  No more FACEBOOK!! (eek!)... well, okay... a little facebook. :)  But instead of having plenty of opportunity to play on fb and do things like this blog, I'm sitting here at 2am just getting some thoughts down from the first week because this was the first chance I've had in 168 hours!!
I won't be going into much detail about the happenings here at staging, as our team is keeping most of that a surprise for you... you'll just have to meet us out on the road to hear all the nitty gritty details of life here at TIB Headquarters!! :)
I can't wait to see the person I'll be after this experience... watch out world!!  The United States Air Force is making your friend Mark J. Lindquist into one of the BEST OF THE BEST our military has to offer!!!!!   :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment